EASY MIX®: Continuous concrete mixer
(European Patent Pending)
The system has been developed to meet the demand for combining:
- the advantages of Continuous Concrete Mixing System (cost, easy maintenance,..);
- with the advantages of the Batch systems (accuracy of raw material proportions, …);
This is achieved by a very quick and intense mixing of small batches of dry raw materials that results in a homogeneous coloured or non-coloured mix fed continuously, through a buffer conveyor, to a double counter-rotating screw concrete mixer where water is added with controlled continuity.
Mixer for fiber reinforced concrete (frc mixer): this high quality concrete mixing system with different configurations can perform the best homogenization of concrete coloured or non-coloured mix also with fibers (glass fiber gf, pva fiber, pan fibre,..) so it’s a mixer suitable for high value concrete products like: roof and floor tiles, décor tiles, pavers, blocks…
This high quality concrete mixing equipment is working on a cycle based on two phases:
- Dry mixing cycle of precisely batched raw materials
With reference to the scheme in the previous page the sand is fed to a hopper installed on load cells for precise weighing and equipped with vibrator and sliding valve for fast discharge into the homogenizer.
Beside this there are a second smaller hopper for the cement batching and a third gate, that can be used to feed other materials like oxide pigments and/or fibers.
At this stage, all the components are dry.
Once the loading of the hoppers are completed, everything is discharged in a pre-mixer equipped with continuously rotating paddles. Due to high velocity rotation, the dry materials are perfectly mixed and homogenized.
At the end of the sand cement premixing cycle the batch of dry mix is discharged in a hopper and conveyed via a belt conveyor to the continuous screw mixer.
- Continuous mixing cycle of wet materials:
In this final phase water is added by some nozzle installed on the open top mixer. The quantity of water can be checked at any time by the operator. The final mix is then fed to the extruder for tile production.
Automatic moisture control can be supplied under request.
This new concrete batching and mixing system with capacity up to 25m3/hour has the following advantages compared to the standard ones:
- Thanks to the concrete high velocity dry premixing cycle, the quality of the mix at the outlet of the continuous mixer is on the average much better than the one made with traditional pan mixer. This means that tiles with lower weight and lower quantity of cement can be produced with consequent big savings.
- It combines the advantages of the continuous mixing system with the ones of the systems working for batches, so raw materials are perfectly proportioned.
- Majority of standard systems works for batches. This means that they have to be dimensioned considering the mixing time and not the instantaneous needed quantity of material. Vortex Hydra s.r.l. concrete mixing system (EasyMix) is continuous and has been designed to supply the instantaneous request of mixed materials.
- No dead times are foreseen because of the continuous mixing cycle. The reduction of cycle time doesn’t bring to any reduction of efficiency as happens for the standard mixers.
- Less power is required as the quantity of materials to be moved and worked is lower.
- In case of unexpected stoppages, just a small part of concrete has to be rejected as the water is added to the cement only in the final part of the cycle. This means that also the maintenance of the system is much easier than usual.
PLEASE JUST ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION!!!!